I want to get something in paper form -- preferably a novel -- published in 2016. That's my goal. There I said it.
I realize though that at the rate I am going, there is no way that this will happen. I am just way too busy. For example, this morning:
1. Woke up and checked to see if I had any notifications on Twitter.
2. Got excited that there were two notifications. Got deflated when I realized it was my husband favoriting and retweeting me just to be nice.
3. Got determined to get real notifications from strangers I never met. Resultingly, searched the internet for a picture of Hostess's Ho Ho cakes so I could #foodan80sband. (Get it Ho Ho's, instead of Go Go's!)
4. Sat down to write a blog post. Wrote a few sentences. Erased them in total self loathing.
5. Made myself a cup of tea. While up gave the dogs a treat for no reason, which totally went against what the trainer said in his $300 lesson.
6. Sat down again to write a blog post. Instead, got caught up in a Gawker article about Busta Rhymes throwing a protein drink at a fellow gym member. (The reporter didn't disclose Busta's motivation, but I suspect the other guy didn't wipe down the equipment when he was done!)
7. Helped my son work through his breakfast dilemma of what to eat. After deciding on oatmeal, we had to regroup because of the July 7, 2013 expiration date next to Larry the Quaker Oats guy. Crisis averted when we found a bag of non-stale gluten-free oats in the baking drawer.
8. Checked Twitter. Still no new notifications. Realized the smattering of strangers following me don't appreciate my genius.
9. Got up to taste the oatmeal. While up, got my phone which was charging in the other room. Saw there were no messages and realized my friends and family don't appreciate my genius either!
10. Sat down to write this list. Searched for a picture of the Bronte sisters. Found this quote by James Michener, an author whose novels sold 75 million worldwide. For the record, he died about five years or so before either Twitter or Facebook were invented.
without internet connection!